Hey, guys! Thanks for all the positive feedback on my post yesterday.
And now for Part Two:
I’ve been feeling rather uninspired and lethargic (and truthfully I should throw in a bit broken-hearted) lately. Making a list of things to get excited about and goals to accomplish is already lending a bit of pep to my step and vim to to my vigor. Or whatever. You get my drift.
Note: My 31st birthday is on February 28th, 2011. I’m going to try as hard as I can to get all these done in the next five months, but I don’t mind extending my list of 31 Things to Do to my HALF Birthday on August 28th, 2011 if necessary.
31 things to do before I’m 31 (½ ?)
1. Drive a car. Legally.
2. Learn to like beets OR eggplant
3. Make my own amaretto
4. Start learning graphic design and mad Photoshop skillz
5. See the Northern Lights in Iceland
6. Revisit an old destination
7. Find the best espresso shot in Portland
8. Donate to a farm sanctuary
9. Write a business plan
10. Go on a night hike
11. Maybe look into possibly perhaps buying a fancy new SLR Camera
12. Write love notes to my friends and family telling them how much I love them
[I freakin LOVE this picture of me and my best friend]
13. Grow my hair out
14. Make a lentil meatloaf
15. Go sledding
16. Post a photo essay composed on the colors of Fall
17. Visit the California redwoods for my dad
18. Spend a day volunteering
19. Run a 5k
20. Implement and throw an International Vegan Blogging Conference [Vida Vegan Con!]
21. Attend a Quaker meeting
22. Read a book for pleasure
23. Paint a picture
24. Get another tattoo
25. Pay for the person behind me in line’s movie ticket
26. Attend a bikram yoga class
27. Compliment every single person I talk to in a single day
28. Make homemade Christmas presents for everyone
29. Eat raw one day a week for a month
30. Start writing in a journal again
31. Take time to smell the flowers
Some of these are already in the works and some of them haven’t even crossed my mind til I began making this list.
What do you want to do before your next birthday? If you want to volunteer with me, or teach someone (me!) graphic design or smell flowers with me or send me a killer (no vegan pun intended) eggplant recipe, do it! Let’s find some excitement and start some adventures together.