Abby and I nailed the valentine fanconi anemia 5k!
The weather was dry and actually kinda warm out. Perfect race weather! People got dressed up valentine-y, which was really cute. Abby and I will dress up next year if we run this race again.
We finished in about 45 minutes, which is super rad for the amount of training we put into it.
My training plan worked really well. I’m planning on marketing it, but I’ll share with you the key points right now.
JANESSA’S TRAINING PLAN
1. Go for two runs the week before your race.
2. Drink anywhere from 2-4 glasses of wine the night before each training run.
3. Feel like poo in the morning of your training runs and have a hard time running.
4. On the night before your race, abstain from alcohol, drinks lots water, and go to sleep early.
5. Bam. On the day of your race, you’ll feel so much better and running will be so much easier when you’re properly prepared that the race itself will be a breeze.
You can modify this plan a bit, if you like. For example, drink a cocktail instead of a glass of wine, or go for more training runs than just two. This method is what worked for me though.
All kidding aside, I’m super stoked. I’ve tried the couch to 5k training plan a few times before, but just got bored. I like this new way better. I’ll run 3 miles repeatedly until I can run the whole way [Abby and I stopped to walk 3 times, for about a minute each, so I’m estimating that within the next month I will be able to run the whole 3 miles without stopping]. Then I’ll up mileage to 5 miles until I can run the whole way, and just keep adding mileage. Throw in some official races for motivation and fun, and pretty soon I’ll be running like a champ.
[hee hee I love this picture. this girl does not look happy to be here!]
I had so much fun, and I’m proud of myself! I totally didn’t think I’d run in a 5k before my 31st birthday, and now look at me. Yay!